Class Start Date:
July 21, 2021, 2:00:00 AM
Number of Classes:
Performance Workshop (Adult)
The Mid-City Community Music Performance Workshop is an eight-week intensive seminar in playing in a band, 2 hours each night. This is an opportunity for musicians of all levels to improve their skills playing with others in a small ensemble, focusing on a few songs and polishing them up for a public performance at the end of the workshop.
It covers the following topics:
● Technical aspects of sound equipment
● Arranging song parts to meet the strengths of the band
● The dynamics of playing in rhythm with others
● Adjusting sound volume to leave space for other band members
● Communicating effectively with bandmates.
Participants will be given the information they need to join and succeed in a small group. They will also be given opportunities to put that information to use, culminating in a public performance.
To whichever extent it is possible a real-life band situation will be simulated. Participants will be encouraged to find solutions within their group, just as band members do in real life. As a result of this course, participants will be more comfortable and have improved confidence playing in a group.